Almost Done

My last Physics paper was yesterday. My last Biology paper is tomorrow. My last Math paper is on Friday, and my last Chemistry paper... well, that's still far away enough to be perfectly non-stress-inducing. At any rate, I can almost see the worries floating off into the pale blue beyond at the end of every exam. The invigilators' command to put down the pens is almost a relief--I can't understand those people who take it as a signal to frantically scribble down every last line as if their lives depended on it.

This post will be a particularly long one, I think, since I have time to kill and the connection is particularly slow at the moment so I can't play Neopets games (and earn back my STOLEN 2 MILLION NP), and anyway I've already started planning my next purchases (after paying Kel for his stolen goods, of course) which will amount to slightly over half a million.

And I'll make sure to change my password every now and then, and change my PIN too just in case, and generally try to ensure that nobody will ever get into my account again. (The password is now alphanumeric and has a Medium Hard rating on some password meter I came across.) Plus I'm using the same password for my MapleStory account so I don't have to remember too much. If I had any more passwords I'd need to have a little card in my wallet listing them all. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea: I guard my wallet like you wouldn't believe.

Oh, and did I mention I just began playing MapleStory? It's really fun, much better than DotA anyway. At least in Maple, the players aren't out for each other's blood. (I'm really a pacifist by nature. That's why I have a BB gun and a wooden sword in my room, where I can get at them in seconds.) Gawk Hour introduced me to it and I got hooked at once. (Right now I'm a Level 8 Magician, and believe me it was difficult to go up 8 levels in three hours--the amount of EXP required is really large.)

I've checked my answers for the Biology and Physics objective papers, and I got only 6 and 8 mistakes respectively, out of 40. Not too shabby, but I hope the practicals and structured papers manage to keep the grade at least an A. Those, I can't do any self-checking on, so... oh well. I'll just pray a bit harder.

I smoked another two cigarettes last night in my room while Niche was out. Drain brought them over while Smooth and I were playing poker (Smooth immediately ran out and refused to come back until I aired the room out). It turns out I've been smoking the wrong way all this while (I never let the smoke into my throat before), which explains why it didn't affect me much before.

I now know the true meaning of woozy. And dizzy. And pretty much whatever words you might attach to the word "high". (Drain told me that I was walking at a 30-degree angle to the floor--but I declare that it seemed perfectly vertical at the time. Or at least, if the floor insisted on being bent...)

Plus the worst thing is that nicotine is a stimulant. I didn't manage to get to sleep until past midnight, so... yeah, I can feel a headache coming on. And, of course, everybody who knows about it is scolding me (with the exception of Drain for obvious reasons). Smooth was the first, and then when Niche got back, he smelled the residue and decided the room needed more airing. And I told Serene and she began reciting the chapter in Biology about smoking and its effects on the human lung.

(One of Niche's old schoolmates moved into an empty room on our floor, so that makes yet another soul I've corrupted: Niche shot him with my BB a few nights ago. He's another KL-ite, which raises the question of why he's in the hostel to begin with. Apparently it's a long way to drive from his house.)

I've been seeing a lot of red for the past two days. Literally: the school shirt this year is blood red. Herr Robson should be so happy. I'm not sure who designed the thing, but they certainly need a good dose of sense--what if an angry bull happens by?

A lot of noobs have turned up lately for the new intake. My Chem lecturer says that a lot more people turned up than were expected, so it'll be a little crowded for awhile. (That might explain why the conection is so sucky at the moment--too many users). I've been observing them, and it looks like history does repeat itself: I've seen several people who look and act worryingly like people I already know. I've seen a mini-Gambler and a mini-Gene so far, and I've heard of a mini-Herr Robson running around (but I haven't seen him yet so far).

Right now, I'm dead sleepy. I think I'm going back to take a nap.

[edit]I just read Way's post about the winner of the Dublin Essay Contest, and you know what? His initials are very near mine. In fact, a lot of intelligent people have initials like mine.

My initials are LZY.

The winner of the Essay Contest (his blog link will show up soon since I've read it and I like it) is LZA.

Niche's initials (beliee me he's smart!) are LZX.

Way's initials are LZW.

(And if you arrange them alphabetically, you get
LZA
LZW
LZX
LZY
which makes a really nice arrangement.)

One more thing. My English is at least as good as that of LZA's, at least technically. I can admit it when my own set of essay-writing skills in inferior to someone else's. But I'll say that I found one (and only one) grammatical mistake in the winning entry--not bad. But then again we're the same age. I'll say it again. WE'RE BORN IN THE SAME YEAR BUT HE COULD ENTER BECAUSE HE ISN'T LEGALLY 19 YET.

A difference of FOUR MONTHS in birth date has made him a winner and me a didn't-even-compete-er. *sigh* If I could change the world... I'd change my birthday. *snort*

[/edit]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)