Holidays At Last

The holidays are here, finally, and I can stop studying without any sense of guilt. Of course, I never had any sense of guilt about not studying, but then I used to have a sense of guilt about not having a sense of guilt. It may sound like I have a complex, but it's the truth. And anyway who said I don't have complexes?

It's just a pity that the stupid government Internet service has been on the blink for the past few days so I can't use the computer lab quite as much as I would like. (If I could, this post'd have been typed about, I don't know, three hours ago.) The plus is that it gave me some time to go through some Charmed serials (so sue me, I like fantasy novels of all sorts) and a few old Dahl books. Quite nice, and Dahl has a very nice sense of humour. Very black, just how I like it. (I sound like I'm discussing coffee, don't I? But as Herr Robson will tell you, my coffee is always, always, always very sweet.)

The only thing about the holidays is that I'm now seriously alone. I won't say lonely, since I've got masses of people to talk to, but still... I'm not used to complete silence in the room. This is probably the reason my roommate thinks I don't study--I can't go more than three pages in a row without talking. I never used to have to do that since my family always interrupted me before page 4, but as it is I have to make do.

And now that he's gone I'm reduced to using his radio... which, I should add, I've broken the antenna of. It's quite an amusing little story.

I saw a quite good-sized lizard yesterday in my room, hiding behind my desk (which, regrettably, is quite bulky). So I left the room for a bit of time to give it a chance to come out into a more exposed place.

It didn't work, so I pulled the desk away from the wall and found that the bed had jammed it in place. (During this time, the lizard was between the wall and the desk.)The lizard didn't move, so I pulled the bed out so that I could move the table. It turns out that the hostel bedframes are extremely fragile, and the frame fell apart as soon as I moved it out. When I pulled the table out, the radio (which had been sitting on it) fell off.

The commotion this caused made the lizard run into an open space, and I lunged for it but missed. The lizard then teleported to safety. Literally, as far as I'm concerned: the lizard was behind my travel bag, which hangs on the wall and isn't beside anything at all, and when I lifted up the bag: nothing but wall. The lizard had escaped.

Anyway, I had to put the room back together after that, so I did. The bedframe was the most annoying part of it, but I got it done at last. The table was just plain messy, and since I rotated it (so that the room is symmetrical) I had to rearrange a lot of the stuff on it.

It turns out my pack-rat abilities have extended to my table (no wonder Niche is always on at me about tidying it up!) and I found all manner of junk on it, including fragments of instant noodles, crumbled sweets, an ant's nest (!!!) and various coins that I'd completely forgotten about. I put most of it in relative order, but I still haven't any idea what to do about the radio.

I've told Niche, of course, but since there hasn't been any reply I haven't an idea what to do. Except listen to it, of course: the reception is still pretty good depending on which direction I turn it in.

By the way, D-Kun read this yesterday. If you're still reading, and you know it's you, hi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)