Ah Dios!

This is a phrase I got out of Reader's Digest, and it means "Oh God"--rather obviously, if you know Dios means God. But if you didn't know before, you know now.

Anyway, I've racked up quite a bill in the past few days or so with SMSing Kelvin and Uncle Limp about the AS exams. (Of course, they're taking the A2 as well, but then it doesn't affect me quite so much.) We've exchanged some tips (that turned out to be inaccurate), commiserated (quite a lot), and so far I don't see it stopping.

At least the objective papers so far have been dreadfully easy, to the point of insulting our intelligence. (If they were difficult for you, I have three words: Past year papers.) Loads of past-year questions popped out, and it was pretty much a snap. Unfortunately, I made a lot of careless mistakes, most of them due to faulty logic, and more in Biology than in Physics.

I've also gone through Pure Math, and it was quite simple too: the formulae were provided, and most of the questions relied on Pythagoras' Theorem--which, of course, I'm very familiar with. So that wasn't too bad either, and I can relax about Applied Math at least.

Unfortunately, the practical papers so far (Chemistry and Physics, in that order) haven't been quite so straightforward. I do declare that the examiners at Cambridge must've run out of questions and decided to have a little fun designing killers, because why else tell a lab to unnecessarily prepare stopwatches and metre rulers? (My lecturer was fooled by those into a completely wrong prediction of the procedure.)

And since when did salt analysis turn into organic tests? Not a single cation or anion turned up--it was all alcohols and carboxylic acids and gas tests, of all things. Completely wrong, if you ask me. My Chemistry lecturer will tell you the same thing, except in rather more vicious tones: I have it on good faith that he panicked during the exam. (So did we, but then we were supposed to.) Plus I'm sure I did the titration wrong, because I didn't read the second half of the instructions and so I probably got all the equations wrong.

(Thank God I accidentally got the right reading anyway. I don't know how, but it agreed with everybody else's--27 cubic centimetres.)

I don't have any exams tomorrow, but I do have Physics Structured on Monday, and I'm expecting a killer, so I'll have to study like heck all Sunday. Quite likely I'll break that resolution, but at least I made one in the first place, right? (I'm an expert rationaliser.)

My Neopets account got hacked recently. I only found out a couple days ago--at least 2 million NeoPoints' worth of stuff has been stolen from me! It'll take me a couple years' hard work to earn it all back, I think, and the worst is that some of the stolen stuff was borrowed from Kelvin. (I've apologised already.) It's small comfort that I don't have enough in the bank to warrant stealing from there, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)