Annoyances

The comp lab has just managed to irritate me yet again by blocking another random thread on my Bleach forum. It's no use how I try, I can't view it because apparently there's a banned word on it. Don't ask me what that word is, because I haven't any idea. The comp lab hasn't yet told us what words aren't allowed on the Net. But by the grace of God, I haven't yet accidentally put together that word on this blog or else I'd lose yet another of my only joys of life at the moment.

But, obviously, the comp lab staff don't like us spending time online. I have no idea why... but banning that thread especially galls me because I'm IN IT. I've been posting in that thread, and now that it's suddenly gone, my fellow forumers in there are probably going to be left hanging for a bit until they decide I've left or died or something. It's annoying! It's very annoying! If they HAVE to set rules, at least please please set those rules out in the open where people can see 'em.

And please please let those rules be sensible. Unfortunately, they seem to have followed the path of the Government and decided to (a) keep the rules under tight lock and key until somebody breaks them and (b) keep the rules so mind-bendingly illogical that somebody is sure to break them WHILE doing something perfectly innocent, like, say, post in forums.

It's freaking annoying!

OK, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they'd only provide stellar service in the other aspects of the service. Y'know. Fast loading and all that stuff one expects when trying to surf the Web. Unfortunately, they (as I've said in an earlier post) are plain slow. Maybe it's Streamyx, maybe it's them. Either way, the pages need at least 5 minutes each--even the Google homepage-- to load fully, and even then the pictures are little boxes with a red X in the top left corner.

When you're doing something like the latest Neopets plot (which requires a lot of refreshing and opening pages), it just gets tedious when your finger has to be permanently glued to the F5 key ("Refresh"). Horribilis ad infinitum, ad nauseum. The page I see most often is the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error page.

It almost makes me wish I had a comp of my own... of course, it's exam period and all that, but I still wish to go online. GMail is virtually inaccessible from here, did you know? Same goes for WebMessenger (and pretty much any other messenger for that matter). I hate my circumstances right now.

And... well, I just had my first verbal spar with Cheeky. I won, of course. (Or in other words I had the last word.) Well, it wasn't exactly verbal, since we conducted it by SMS... and it was certainly anything but decorous. It began with a couple of innocuous queries, then led to insinuations as to the shortcomings of each party, and after that the exclamation points began flying to and fro. It ended when we both agreed that he was vastly inferior to me. *grin*

Of course, he said so sarcastically and I said so earnestly, but the point is we agreed... anyway, we've patched it up. Over MSN. Who says modern technology isn't the best?

...of course, this doesn't repair the tiff I have against the comp lab staff. But at least I can enjoy the rain better now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)