Randomness

Chem 6 was three hours ago (that's how long it's taken me to get this page up; GMail hasn't even loaded yet). It wasn't too bad, although everybody else looked a bit dazed when they came out. I think the last two days of frantic cramming did help somewhat; I was worried about having to memorise pages and pages of reactions and colours, especially of transition elements--God must really dislike black-and-white because He came up with at least sisteen different colours and oxidation states PER ELEMENT--but anyway, I didn't memorise the colours. Not a single one, because my Chem lecturer always says not to memorise the impossible.

And guess what? Not a single one came out. Nothing about colours, except about a manganese ion that I was quite familiar with (it being involved in one of the more important reactions in the syllabus). God must have been being nice the day the questions were being set.

...anyway, I can relax now. It's all smooth sailing from here on: I've no doubts about getting the A for Biology (both papers 4 and 6), since I like it and it's my best subject at the moment (not to mention that I absolutely need that A if I'm to do biotech anywhere at all); and Physics 6 should be a pushover if the past-years are any indicator. Of course I'll study. It would be madness and quite simply, overweening pride not to. But I won't be giving myself stress about it.

The application form I submitted for the month-long Bible study camp (RBS--Residential Bible School) next year just came back, with positive results. It means I've got more work cut out for me, what with working out bus schedules (the students provide their own transport), figuring out a budget, and simply amassing the list of stuff needed. Like, for example, I'm going to need a raincoat or poncho, neither of which I have ever had because I have an umbrella AND my hair is perfectly waterproof.

(I can walk through rain of nearly any magnitude and not get my scalp wet.)

But now I'll need one just in case. And I'll need a sleeping bag. And I'll need a lot of other stuff that will make my backpack/bag/whatever I store it all in very heavy and difficult to lug around. It's all great motivation to start swimming regularly so I can develop my muscles just enough to carry the whole lot around without lapsing into a coma.

And they even sent along homework (it's called School, remember?) and now I've got an essay report to prepare. I'm not complaining, mind you. They only accept 48 students a year from the entire country, which makes me roughly 2% of their entire population. It's kind of an honour, I suppose.

Anyway, that's far ahead in the future. More urgent is the fact that I have two exams a week for the next two weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)