Hmmm. Oh Well.

Even with the exams all over, it seems I can find loads of stuff to procrastinate about. Like my imminent moving-out, for example. Everybody's asking me where I'm going to end up when my hostel stay finally expires on the 26th of December, and so far I can't think of much apart from maybe Jogger's place or the Gorillas'.

But either place has not enough empty space to stuff one and a half year's worth of pack-ratting, so I'm going to have to clear out the room before I even start thinking about that: but here's the rub. My room has lots of stuff that I want to keep but can't think of any reason for keeping, like my string collection or my bugs or the dust bunnies under my bed.

(Just kidding about the dust bunnies.)

And besides, I've got enough small change scattered over my table to metal-plate my entire room. No kidding about that one: I used to keep the coins as poker chips, but now nobody plays poker anymore so the coins are gathering. And gathering dust too. I'm going to have to change them all into larger change (ie paper money), but the thought of lugging, say, 3 or 4 kilos of coins down 5 flights of stairs is daunting at best. I used to keep the coins in cups and plastic containers until they overflowed, and at last count I've got RM42 worth in ten-cent coins.

And the caroling isn't quite going as planned: oh, they at least know who's alto and who's bass and so on--in fact there're a few people who are pretty good at music--but the majority take forever to learn the basics of any tune. And I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have aimed quite so high after all, because they just might be in over their heads on the last song I tried to have them learn.

Even Jogger (who usually is one of the more easygoing people among them) is starting to hate the song. From there it's just a short logical step to hating the one who tried to teach them that song (me), which is decidedly worrying. So far I've decided to try it for another week and see if there're any positive results, but I have a dire feeling that I'm going to have to scrap this one. Well, we'll see.

So now I've got a whole roomful of stuff (some people might call it junk) to list, organise, pack, and get rid of before the 20th next month--because after that, there simply won't be any time left to get anything done, what with caroling and Christmas celebrations and New Year's and moving out of the place.

Maybe I'll just leave a whole bunch of stuff behind and mark it Merry Christmas to Niche, which will probably make everything much easier for me but certainly won't make him think any higher of me. (Not that it'll matter by then.) By the way, if you want a really objective view of our whole situation, you ought to read his blog too, so you can get a proper version of the whole thing. Besides, it's about time you knew the worst of me, isn't it?

Except that the version of me on his blog really isn't the worst of me. I reserve that for myself.

The Coconut got married last Saturday, and I was there. The groom was (according to reports) some 11-year-old kid from Singapore...well, seeing as it all occurred on MapleStory, it really isn't much to worry about. MapleStory marriages are largely for convenience. (And yes, MapleStory offers divorce options too. Surprising?)

And I've already gone up two levels so far: well, since I've got a lot of free time on my hands these days, it's nothing to wonder at. It's just nice, though, since I finally managed to get the requirements to change jobs. (I think you already know that.) I plan to go up a few more levels sometime, but I'm not sure when.

Probably after I actually set out a list of the entire contents of my room, which (depending on the level of detail) will probably take me quite a few hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)