Random Short Post

I fell asleep yesterday at 9pm when I got sleepy enough that my laptop screen was a meaningless blur and it actually took energy to focus on words. I woke up sometime in the wee hours when my roommate decided to fall asleep and turn his desk lamp off--I'm still awfully photosensitive, which is why no natural sunlight ever permeates the interior of my room.

I woke at 8-plus this morning, so I got about 11 hours of sleep. And I'm still yawning.

And it's now 11-plus in the morning and guess how much I've studied for tomorrow's Anatomy/Physiology? Nothing at all, that's what. I was planning to, but I got sidetracked and am now randomly chatting to a bunch of people while reading their blogs (which I found by Googling their usernames). Public forum chats, IRC-style, are quite interesting sometimes, even if the semi-anonymity of the Internet does complicate things with random hate and suchlike. And, of course, just because you all like the same things doesn't mean you're going to get along well.

Anywaaaaaay... Hm. I just realised that nicknames, as far as these chats are concerned, are as good as useless. Half the oldies address each other by their first name, while those who don't only do so 'cos the other party hates their actual name and all that sort of background thing. Tough to break into a circle is what I always think, which is probably also why I don't make friends too easily. It also leads to a lot of "Who is X?" "X is Y." interludes when these things occur.

I wonder if this blog (and by extension, the blogger) has become too nice for its own good? I reread my olden posts some time and I laughed 'cos they were much more interesting: my current posts tend to be too full of niceties and euphemisms and generally perfectly bland as far as opinions go.

But then again I don't have many opinions so it's hopeless trying to pretend to have some just to make an interesting post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)